Friday, December 18, 2015

Winter Lull

Getting back in to shape, running, outside, seattle, washington, fall, leaves, cars, sidewalk, run, get in shape, work of it, fence

I can't believe how fast December is going by. It's almost stressful to think about Christmas being around the corner. This winter I was not prepared for the stress it was going to cause on my body and due to that, I've slaked off in the one area I generally pride on: Myself.

As a result, I'm trying to start a new routine this winter because I know it's only going to get worse. We are headed into vampire season. For those of you non-pacific north westerners, that's when you get up in the dark and leave work... in the dark. It's my least favorite time of year, despite Christmas. I'm a warm climate kind of gal all the way. Thank goodness I can look forward to layering.

As I was saying, I'm trying to start a fitness routine that I can stick to again. It's been hard for my in the past. I used to get up, go to the gym, run 3 miles and then go to work. It was hard then, it's hard now. We'll see. Maybe I can make it into a habit.

I think the key is going to bed early... which I'm also not very good at. I'm working on it.

New Challenge:

  • Get up Early
  • Work out Hard
  • Eat Healthy (Hence my board re-org on pinterest)
  • Keep Positive Mindset
  • Believe in Oneself

I've done a few challenges in the past, like the Booty Challenge and the 30 Day Crunch Challenge. If there is one thing I've learned it's that I am NOT an abs person. I really hate crunches and I think it's because they were punishment back in my color guard days in high school.

SQUATS though, are my jam. I could do squats all day and love the burn. I want to find a routine that focuses on my shoulders and gaining muscle. I'd like to get back to where I was pre-sprained ankle.

I have been adding a lot of work out motivational pins to my motivation pinterest board. Check it out if you're in the same boat. Stress is the ultimate killer. I swear, if it weren't for yoga and weights I don't know what I'd do.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? What do you do to start a new routine? What works for you?

1 comment:

  1. You should try the 5AM Challenge as a way to help you 1) get up early 2)go to sleep early and 3) have the extra time for your workouts in the AM. Once I'm done moving, I'm going to put into place a new workout schedule. I usually like setting my on/off days for the week on Sunday and then planning everything out. The biggest challenge for me will be focusing on my food. Wish me luck! I'm aiming to make breakfast more at work/home, and then eat out less.

    ReplyDelete