Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lazy Morning Light


On the third day He said "Let there be light".

I'm not normally one for quoting palms and verses but waking up in my own bed this morning was the definition of "Glorious". I spent two nights in different beds, woke up early both mornings, had a baby's first birthday party with over 10 kiddos there and worked in a nursery with infants. I drove home late last night, only to get home... late last night. To say I was merely "worn out" is quite an understatement.

I live in a city full of dogs, not children. I'm not use to all that running and bustling.

A summary of events, that I am not used to, are as follows: Getting spit up on my favorite Anthropologie dress, having a baby "kiss" my face all over (essentially licking my face), having my breasts grabbed at (even though I've got nothing in them for a child), being told I should be married and living in suburbia with my non-existent husband and (my favorite) being told by a grandmother that they haven't forgotten me and that they are still looking for the perfect husband for my child-ready body.

I woke up late in my quiet little one bedroom apartment with the sun shining down on me. As much as I love children, and I do. Please don't misunderstand me. I simply have a very different lifestyle than a lot of my friends and I am thankful for the time I have to myself.

It's nice to be back home and it's even better to be able to lounge and ponder my life and what I can be thankful for everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment